Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Reading, and Helping to Create Readers, Is Important To Me

For this grandma summer begins by taking the kids to enroll in the library's summer reading program.  I participated in my first summer reading program 52 years ago when I was 6.  When my children came along I always enrolled them and then when I was 36 I received one of the biggest blessings of my life ~ a position in the children's department of a wonderful library where I was involved in every aspect of the summer reading program for 18 years. To be able to be one of the people responsible for developing the game pieces, special events, prizes, story times and virtually everything else with our library's summer reading program was just some of the most rewarding times of my life! I enjoyed it immensely. I am so grateful for libraries, and the years I was allowed to work in one, and for grandchildren to whom I gladly pass on the love of reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment