Monday, July 2, 2012

It's a Little Girl! Turtle # 6

little girl who visited us on 7-1-2012
My daughter, Casey and granddog, Andy have come to live with me for a month.  She is moving to a brand new apartment and construction is running about 4 weeks behind schedule.  She had already given notice at her old apartment so she put her furniture in storage at her dad's big barn and she and Andy will hang out here for July.  He plays real well with my dogs and they are always glad to have him come play.  Me too.  Anyway, last night Andy was outside barking up a storm and when Casey checked on him he had discovered a turtle in the one part of my yard with tall grass.  She is a little girl, I am almost positive.  She is a fiesty little thing.  The other turtles that have visited me would draw into their shells but not her! well, she is in this photo because all 3 dogs were barking up a storm but after we got her in the garden away from the dogs she didn't seem afraid of me and Casey.  She is ready to take on the world.  She is fast too.  Casey got the shovel to scoop her up and move her out of the dogs' yard and she tried to crawl off the end of the shovel as soon as Casey scooped her up.  Casey didn't have time to make it to the lower 4 ft portion of fence to set her over gently so she took her to the garden instead.  Miss Fiesty Pants took off across the garden area for all she was worth! That turtle could scoot pretty darn fast.  I know she is a different one because she is slightly smaller, has three distinct ridges across her shell that break up the solid yellow line down her back, and because she is the first turtle to let me see her little tail...it appeared to be wagging as she ran across the garden.  I have never seen a turtle moved so fast!
Miss Fiesty Pants 7-1-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment