Monday, June 18, 2012

Can You Believe Turtle # 5?


Guy  # 5
My grandsons came to spend the day with me today.  I got out the laptop and showed them the pictures of my various turtle friends.  My grandsons live wayyy out in the country ... like, they have to get on the bus an hour and 15 minutes before school starts out in the country.  I asked if they see box turtles all the time.  No, they haven't ever seen one out there.  Hmmm.  Then my older grandson got up to let the dogs out into the front yard and said "Grandma, your turtle is back!"  No, this is a different one.  He has a big crack in his shell up near his head.  Definitely a different one than I photographed before. He has orange spots on his legs, although not as many as turtle # 3, so I guess he is another male visitor.  Of the three turtles I have seen this year, and who knows if there have been more that I just didn't see in the yard, they have all shown up in the past 12 days.  Just call me the turtle whisperer, I guess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment