Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Just Visitin'

June 2012
this year's turtle - photo taken about 2 feet from where
 I took the picture of last year's turtle.
October 2011
Look who showed up in my yard today!  I don't know much about box turtles but we have had a turtle show up every late spring/ summer/fall since we moved here in the fall of 2009.  Last fall I got a shovel and placed the turtle over my front fence so my dogs would not bother it. The year before my son put one over the back fence.  So this is our 3rd.  I have not put him over the fence and away from the dogs yet.  I saw him in 3 different spots in my yard and then I couldn't find him.  I failed to take a picture of that first turtle.  I don't believe this turtle is the same one that visited us last year.  The orange spots on the legs of this one are very vivid and I don't remember that from last  year.  Well, it took forever but I went back and found the photo of last year's turtle...same sort of markings on the shell but without those bright orange spots.  Maybe one is the mom and one is the son????

No comments:

Post a Comment