Friday, June 8, 2012

Shirley MacLaine & a Bizzare Texas Story

A real life murder has been made into a comedy film.  Yes, you read that correctly .... a comedy film.  http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/2012-06-03/small-town-murder-becomes-hollywood-tragi-comedy  <------ Texas has plenty of oh-my-goodness-who-woulda-thunk stories and this is one of them.  A bizarre true story and I hear the movie has stayed true to the facts.   And yes, murder is horrible, tragic, sinful, painful for those left behind but you know what ... life is just a juggle of tragic, happy, bizzarre, funny, humorous, sad, frustrating experiences and humor is always present in just about any situation. I know it isn't funny to her family.  I just want to see the movie, heard it was a hoot, and thought you might like to see a movie that is a hoot too!  And this is just a bizarre story.  You will have to click on the link to read the story since this professional writer can describe the scenario so much better than I can.  This article, written by her nephew, is even better, so I suggest read them both please ... http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/15/magazine/how-my-aunt-marge-ended-up-in-the-deep-freeze.html?_r=1 After reading the various articles in our newspaper & the New York Times, and the comments on rotten tomato http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bernie_2011/  (plus remembering when this actually took place) I can hardly wait to see it.  Evidently it comes out on DVD in late August, rated pg 13,  so I am marking my calendar and hoping Redbox or the library has it available.  That Shirley MacLaine plays the woman who was murdered  and Matthew McConaughey is the DA is just the icing on the cake for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment